mhealth provides Clinical Yoga to Mentone and our surrounding suburbs in Beaumaris, Parkdale, Cheltenham and Black Rock.
WHAT IS YOGA?
Yoga is a practice that unites the body, breath and mind. It has specific physical and mental benefits.
WHAT IS CLINICAL YOGA?
Clinical Yoga is a Yoga program designed by mhealth Clinicians to re-energise, stretch, relax and reduce overall stress. A detailed individual assessment is performed prior to joining a class, which ensures injuries are taken into account and poses are performed correctly. This allows everyone to enjoy the benefits of yoga in a controlled and safe environment.
Clients will learn correct techniques of various Yoga postures building to dynamic flow, practice linking breath and movement to calm the mind, build strength and reduce stress.
HOW IS CLINICAL YOGA DIFFERENT TO CLINICAL PILATES?
Clinical Yoga is performed on mats and has greater focus on stretching, breathing awareness and relaxation. Clinical Pilates is performed on machines and focuses on using smooth and controlled movements to increase muscle strength, core stability and flexibility.
KEY ELEMENTS AND BENEFITS OF CLINICAL YOGA:
- Improve Posture
- Reduce Stress
- Improve breathing patterns
- Improve full body relaxation
- Enhance well being
- Improve sporting performance
- Improve integration of deep abdominal muscles – “core stability”
PILATES @ MHEALTH MENTONE
We pride ourselves on treating individuals.
- Each Clinical Yoga class at mhealth is designed by a therapist trained in Yoga and allows for modification to each individual. Whether choosing Clinical Yoga for rehabilitation, fitness or performance, you can be certain that you will feel the benefits of you personal program quickly.
- An initial 45-minute individual consultation (one on one session) will be booked with a trained physiotherapist or osteopath. In this session we will assess your; general posture, muscular length and strength, balance and dynamic movement.
- You will then require a second individual consultation also for 45 min.
- During this session you will be guided on your own personal “Clinical Yoga Class” and learn the most fundamental Clinical Yoga Postures under the supervision of your physiotherapist / osteopath. This is to ensure you are safe and confident to progress to a small group session. More importantly, this ensures that the class is tailored to your needs and any modifications or props are practiced with your safety and at your ability. Furthermore, these sessions are spent perfecting your Clinical Yoga poses to ensure a seamless transition to when you join the small group sessions.
- Small group sessions are supervised by a qualified Physiotherapist / Osteopath, who ensures you receive constant feedback and attention to ensure you perform poses correctly and get the most out of your session. All sessions run for 45min.
Classes are held Monday to Saturday. Click on our timetable for up-to-the-minute session times. If you are unable to attend a class, we try our best to accommodate you in another class if space permits. However, we do need at least 24 hours of notice if you are unable to attend.